According to “Crime in the United States” 2012 Edition from the FBI:
- 1. the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
- 1. kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation
- 1. the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder
- a person's development is determined by often forgotten events in early childhood besides inherited traits
- human attitude, mannerism, experience, and thought is largely influenced by irrational drives that are rooted in the unconscious.
- It is necessary to bypass psychological resistance in the form of defense mechanism when bringing drives into awareness.
- conflicts between the conscious and the unconscious, or with repressed material can materialize in the form of mental or emotional disturbances, for example: neurosis, neurotic traits, anxiety, depression, etc.
- liberating the elements of the unconscious is achieved through bringing this material into the conscious mind (via e.g. skilled guidance, i.e. therapeutic intervention)