Thank you for dropping by!

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Liberalism and Conservatism Explained




Liberalism and Conservatism.

     This assignment seems like a finger pointing assignment to me. Especially everywhere I went. I could not pick nor chose what to write about, and who to reference because all it seemed like is just who can make who feel more like the jerk. Allow me to start with this site: 

 http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/the-difference-between-conservatives-and-liberals-perfectly-described because if you look at the link, it says it will perfectly describe to you the difference between Conservatives and Liberals. I read the entire page, and then I won’t lie, I shared it on my facebook and twitter too. The page is meant to be a joke. And I thought because it was a site titled: www.thefederalistpapers.org and they promised to perfectly describe the difference I would have my answer. When I read it, I was blown away. 

     However, do not get me wrong, I realize politics is always going to be a group of people hating on another. Because of the fact that we must choose sides, whereas we are democrats, republicans, or even independents. There will be no happy medium, there will always be debates and issues.

          The definition of the word conservative is as follows: 

Noun
1. a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics.
Adjective
1.      holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

       The definition of conservatism:
Noun
1.      commitment to traditional values and ideas with opposition to change or innovation.
2.      The holding of political views that favor free enterprise, private ownership, and socially conservative ideas.

     In other words, a conservative believes that the government should be there for us, but on a limited status, allowing us the freedom to do what we want, enabling us to be who we want as our own persons. 

      Conservatives today per the class I am currently taking describes Jeb Bush as a man of principal and power, who tries to remain objective. I particularly liked the fact that our class referenced Jeb Bush. This man was a great Governor, and I feel would make for a great president. 

      I like how it states in the book, that the conservatives feel that families should be responsible for their own economic status. If this means they have less, so be it. 

     I agree with this, this is a what my own Parents taught me. Live and let live. You have your money, you make do with it. If you have five hundred dollars, you better make it work. Make out a financial plan, or something. Otherwise your electric is going to be off, or your stomach is going to be empty. Something will be wrong somewhere. 

     I completely and wholeheartedly agree with this theory. However, I do understand such things as accidents at work, as these are unplanned and other unplanned things. These are only natural. However: it would be wise to start an emergency savings for such events. 

     The definition for the word liberal is as follows:
Adjective
1.      open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values: 

     As for a liberal person, believes in equal opportunity and equality, and that it is the duty of the government to provide, protect civil liberties and take care of its people.

     The definition of the word liberalism is as follows:
Noun
1.      the holding of liberal views.

     I did manage to find a helpful www.youtube.com video that was able to literally describe liberalism and conservatism to someone who wanted to understand it better. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHdhrNhh88
 
     While reading our book, on this page: https://digitalbookshelf.southuniversity.edu/#/books/9781305888135/cfi/39!/4/4@0.00:17.1 I found that it relates the conservatives argue that government spending must be held back to avoid higher taxes. While on the other hand, the liberals will feel that the government must do whatever it needs to take care of its nation, and its people. Here we literally see a difference, and how the two interact and compete, if you will.

Does ideology really make a difference in the United States today? 

     To begin allow me to define the term of ideology:
Noun:
1.      a system of ideas and ideals, especially one that forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.
2.      The science of ideas; the study of their origin and nature. 

      I literally typed the above question into my browser and found a site that I read from top to bottom and then shared on my social media sites. I found this site: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/american-ideology-we-don-practice-what-we-preach-dont-preach-what-we-practice/# to be powerful and eye opening. Why? Because honestly, a lot of what Americans and even Presidents, and even us little people promise, say and do, are never held up, Even like resolutions. Think about this. In order for a president to get elected, one must promise up the World, and then how much of it gets upheld? Likely percentages are low. Much of congress can veto what the president wants to do, regardless. Which is not his fault, though. 


     It references ideology and how it to a system of political ideas. It explains that these ideas are rooted in religious and philosophical beliefs about human nature, society and government. 

     It goes on to explain: “When it comes to ideology, Americans are often placed in two broad political camps: conservatives and liberals. The term conservative originally referred to persons who wished to conserve—keep—traditional social and political habits and institutions. The term liberal referred to those who wanted to be free from tradition and to establish new policies and practices. In today’s American political arena, however, these simple definitions of liberalism and conservatism are incomplete. Both terms mean much more.” Quoted and unquoted.

     This explains both liberals, conservatives and even the ideology. Putting it all together, and making it work, is something that the government has to do, with the help of its people, through argument and debate. 

      Traditionally, much of our history in politics is ever changing. People keep trying to change the way we do things, and even are trying to change our amendments. For instance, removing God from our monies, as they even did remove prayer from our Schools. Children used to say the pledge of allegiance each and every morning before beginning their day, and now they have even removed that, basically because if the word God within it. Things like this have been within our great nation since its birth. Removing these things only proves that we are going quickly on a downward spiral.

      What do I believe is right or wrong regarding liberal and conservatives? I don’t have a complete answer. My answer is only partial. I for one do not believe that we should be handed checks for welfare while we sit on our rears and do nothing. I feel the government should be here for us yes, but not handing us money just for nothing. For those receiving welfare checks for nothing, perhaps they should do community service, or something. I have never ever believed in the free money. I understand that a mother may be homeless and have children, but once she is placed into a home, and back on her feet, while looking for a job, why can she not do street clean up? Why can she not work at the welfare office doing intake? If she is uneducated educate her. It sickens me that the criminals in jails can get free education while the rest of us have to suffer, or struggle to get loans. Inmates are given everything, while tax payers pay. So, I don’t know what I am, other than a voice who always has something to say, and uses my vote to do so. I also use my freedom of speech and press to speak my mind often. Sometimes it gets me into trouble, but I just cannot stand to see things happen when they are wrong. 

     People learn from their mistakes, however, more often than not: too late.








 Resources:




www.youtube.com for a youtube video describing liberalism and conservatism  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHdhrNhh88


    







No comments:

Post a Comment